You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Sunday, June 05, 2005
15:25
I think I can finally understand...

Have you ever wondered...
What does it mean when it is said that "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends" - John 15:13

It was one of those random thoughts I was having in church today, as to why am I here when I'm so sleepy and tired. And then this song came... I dunno the title of it, and I cant remember all the words, but here's some of it:

"Greater love, no one could ever know
Mercy so underserved, Freedom I should not know
All my shame, all of my hidden shame
Died with Him on the cross, eternity won for us

This is Jesus, in His Glory
King of Heaven, dying for me

It is finished, He has done it
Death is beaten, heaven beckons me"


This got me thinking. Why did Christ want to die on the cross for us? Why is it that we should mean so much to Him? Why? Why? Why? Who would love you so much to actually die in ur place, be your scapegoat, endure it all? Can you fathom the love? I find it hard sometimes.

Try thinking of someone in your life you think may vaguely do something like this for you.
Think of how much you love that person. Think of how much that person loves you.
Try then to put that amount of love and add even more for each wound Christ was inflicted with each stroke of the whips and each blow He put up with.

I did that as I was singing along with the song, trying to digest each word that the writer has written, trying to grasp the meaning behind the words and to mould it into my own context and situation. suddenly it clicked... and I think I can finally understand... what it all means to me, all of God's love, and how much He actually loves me.

Another part of the song goes "..... all for the sake of love......" (sorry I cant remember all of it, its got really beautiful words), and I feel the answer lies really strongly there. its all for the sake of love. and then I came across the daily bread for today (June 5th 2005). it was talking about something different, but the passages proverbs 18:24 and John 15:13 were what I was looking for and reconfirmed my thoughts.

this is why, I think I can finally understand.....