
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Friday, June 10, 2005
13:20
neither... nor... but... As I was reading proverbs 30 this morning, I came across a few verses which really spoke from the bottom of my heart. It says, "Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread" then it goes on to say why the person (Agur, son of Jakeh) who wrote these words said these - "Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD ?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." I never wanted to be very rich nor very poor. just comfortable. I always felt that if I were to get too rich or too poor, I would morph into a person with fear, worries, troubles, stinginess and all the things u can probably name. Just being comfortable, with my daily bread, from the word of God, and for my hungry mouth would be enough... at least, is what I think. It brings me to the point, where in the gospels, a young rich man asked Jesus what he must do to inherit eternal life, and Jesus replied asking him to sell everything to the poor and follow Him. and with that, the rich man left, because he couldnt do it. and Jesus said that 'it is easier for the camel to go through the eye of the needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.' Because he was rich, he was tied down by the world, and became of the world. even though he kept the commandments since he was young, he felt he couldnt let go of what he knows as comfort and step out, take up the cross, and follow God. in doing so, he has 'disowned' God and doesnt know 'who is the Lord'. It goes to show that even if you have walked by the book all the days of your life, if you don't know who God is... you cant follow Him. Just some points to think about: Who are you following? What means the world to you? What do you ask God for? Do you ask Him for "neither... nor... but..."? "Ask and it will be given unto you, Seek and you will find, Knock and the door will be opened to you" - Luke 11:9 |