You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Sunday, June 12, 2005
17:05
sadness...

Has anyone wondered why God allowed sadness to enter the world? I was set thinking today, when I realised I've been looking at sad faces around me for a while now. maybe its the time of the year when people are leaving after finishing their courses. Sadness is what I'd like to term, a silent emotion. People who carry it doesn't know it shows, but it shines so evidently on their faces, that it tears apart the hearts of the people around them. Are you the kind of person who responds to the feelings of the people close to you? When they are close to your heart, does it feel like whatever is causing them to be sad has reached you too?

I was wondering why God allows people to be sad and distressed, but I forgot to see how He picks them up again. How his hands are in every situation, how He's loving warmth and kindness surrounds the sorrowful hearts and keep them close to His own. I realised that I have forgotten once again to see what God tries to do to bring his hurting children back to him. I remember a time, when God made it snow ever so beautifully, the heaviest in 14 years in London. Because He knew I was sad, He wanted to show me that the world He made is beautiful, and really, He didnt intend for sorrow to darken our hearts and paths.

The Lord heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds. He is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in the spirit.

Are you sad today? I say to you, call on the Lord your God, and know that He will deliver you and carry you through the straight path ahead. Lift up your burdens and sorrows and know that they have been traded for, some 2000 years ago on the cross. For this, I'd like to think... is the reason why God allows sadness, so that people will find comfort in Him, and realise what happiness is.