You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Monday, July 25, 2005
08:38
what is your mission?

Hi guys, sorry I havent been in here a while. My computer's down, and its still not well yet (am not using my com now btw), so if u have time, take a little time to say a little prayer for it and my files in there as well!!! haha. thanks!

Anyway, u'd probably guess from the title what I'm thinking about writing down today. missions!!! Well, I have pretty good reasons as to why I wanted to write a little something about it, and u'll know in a while...

So where do I start, I guess a bible verse would be good..

Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation" - Matthew 16:15

Well, just yesterday, my home church commissioned a family who were about to set off on a mission trip to China. This family is very dear to my heart, and I really admire this couple and their children for their passion for God. This is not their first trip on a mission, and I believe it will not be the last either.

As I was sitting in my seat listening to the things the family was sharing, I started to recall a conversation I had with one of my friends a few days ago. We were on the train and we started talking about what we would do in the future and so forth, and I put forward a question, "Have you thought about going on a mission?"

The conversation went around what we as people typically see as missions - going out into a less developed country, or a country where the gospel is not widely preached, or even a small little population of people where no one has ever heard of the love of God, and preaching to them about the good news of Christ.

As we stood there talking, I guess it suddenly hit us that, yes, that is a way of going out to reach to others with the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ, but what about the very people right beside us? The people at work? In school? Your neighbours, and how about your family?

I remember a little slogan thing that the london church pastor has been drilling into our heads, that "Your occupation is your location for your vocation" and I guess that's where our conversation on that very train was actually surrounding. To reach out to others where we are. Many times, we take for granted the people around us, and even if we do genuinely love and care about them, are we really thinking about them spiritually? Do they know about God? Do we love them enough to tell them the good news? Or are we keeping quiet in fear of many different things?

Many of us may feel we do not have the strength to yet embark on a mission trip, but whatever it is, it is still our mission to act upon the words that Jesus spoke to us, to go out into the world and tell them about Him, the risen Messiah.

What is your mission in this life? Have a think...

"If you love me, you will obey what I command" - John 14:15
"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you" - John 15:12