
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
12:40
who are you serving today? haha. same story, my computer's still not well yet. my files are about 80% saved in another computer with the very nice computer shop man, so thank God for that, so hopefully the 20% are files that I really dun even know I have, and dun really want, that's what I"m praying for anyway, but my com should be back about the end of this week, then I'll be a very happy girl. anyway, not having my computer working or even near me for these past week and a half has really shown me that even with all the time I have on hand without the use of the internet at my leisure, my own personal files, pictures, my cartoons, etc, you name it I have it basically... I realised I havent actually managed to spend more time than I would like with my very precious God!!! So recently, just about 2 days ago, I decided that maybe I should re-evaluate my lifestyle and re-start my "start the day with God" plans that I had a few months ago. So that is what I have been doing the past 2 days, and I feel great really. hehe. so I thought I'd tell you about what I read today. I re-continued "purpose driven life" from where I left off last year (sorry! to u know who!) and I was reading about how we should serve others.. and it kinda got me thinking. yes true enough for the past days without my computer, I had spent more time doing work around the house, clearing the big laundry piles, and other stuff. but I have done them thinking, yes, maybe I'll be praised for being good around the house. haha. how I was scolded when I read the book today, at chapter 33. It was talking about serving others, with our gifts, as well as out of spiritual maturity, and knowing what you are doing, no matter how small, we should do them out of love for others, and do them unto God. so I guess I need to learn more about serving others.. do I serve them with the right attitude? do I feel unrecognised or unhappy when I do things for others and get nothing in return? do I become unhappy when someone else messes around with my agenda for the day? I guess I can start thinking once again the reasons I do things. so.. who do you serve? "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free." - Ephesians 6:7-8 |