You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
21:22
holding on..

I just learnt the value of holding on to a promise today... especially one by God. Let me tell you the story.

I have been having trouble trying to install my printer for the past 2 days, and last night, I spent a good 2 hours (I think) trying to uninstall and re-install my stubborn printer driver, which refused to work even to the wee hours (well, considering I'm jet lagging, 10-11 is quite late) of the night. So I thought, "okay.. I"ll sleep this off and then tomorrow we'll start again."

And so, this morning, I woke up earlier than usual, and then as I was doing a little morning quiet time, I suddenly stuck my hands out in mid-air.. one hand in the direction of my laptop and the other at my printer, and I prayed over it, saying that by the end of the day, this will work. everything. printer, scanner, everything, without much trouble.

With that in mind, and happy that I've trusted it to God, I went about doing my stuff, trying to sort the printer again. I had a friend over to help me as well. but after a good 4 hours worth of searching for answers, plugging the ports in and out, uninstalling and re-installing softwares, our efforts were in vain. I resigned myself to the fate of having to possibly reformatting my entire baby and starting over - from scratch. I looked upwards and shrugged my shoulders, half saying to myself and God: "so much for my prayers this morning".

After giving up on the printer, I proceeded to doing other stuff around the room, and after a long tiring day, I decided to take my shower, do my quiet time and then float off the dreamland, and hope that tomorrow wil be a better day for my printer and I.

However, before I could carry out my master plan, my brother returned home and borrowed my laptop to sort out some stuff online. He then decided that he'll have a go at my printer as well.. and I thought, "okaay, if you insist. its a hard problem." He played around with some stuff, and then I went off for my much deserved shower (I couldnt bear to sit and watch anyway, coz I'm always afraid my computer will just crank up and die whenever anyone plays around with stuff I'm not familiar with).

15 mins later, I came out. My brother had a smirk on his face, and handed me a piece of paper - with words printed on it. It read "It took you 4 hours, but it took me 15 mins". I couldnt believe my eyes. I tried the scanner and that worked as well!!! I couldnt believe it. I thanked my brother for his genius attempt! But most importantly, before I could thank the Lord, I had to apologise first, for my lack of faith in our promise this morning. However, our God has been faithful, and kept to His part of the promise even when I gave up on myself.

What can I say? I'm ashamed of myself for doubting!!! but I challenge you to hold on :)

"The Lord is faithful to all his promise and loving to all he has made." - Psalms 145:13b