
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Saturday, October 01, 2005
10:15
peace "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against these things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23 Continuing on (much belated though!) with the list of the fruit of the spirit... the next one up is "peace". Before I launch into anything, has anyone realise it says the "fruit" and not the "fruits"? singular, not plural. I guess this means that with the Spirit manifested in our lives as we allow God to work in us, these qualities will birth together, within us. It's not the case of "hmm, I like this one better than the other, so I think I"ll have 8 qualities out of the 9, and I don't need the last one". So keep that in mind, even as I'm moving from one quality to another, really, its a fruit as a whole. okay? Now, peace. Kind of an over-used word nowadays. imagine these scenarios: 1. *a victory sign using the index and middle finger* PEACE!!! *snap goes the camera* - just a hand gesture 2. *2 good friends walking up to wach other and have some funky handshake* "peace brother!" - a means of greeting 3. *angry protestors holding up signs demanding peace yet making a riot* - an oxymoron almost... of a "pro-peace riot"? I think the list can go on.. on how peace can be shouted around, yet no peace can be found, on this earth, under the rule of the world. However, in stark contrast, I find that it is in this unpeaceful world, that the peace of God can be markedly felt, in His presence, when you call on His name. God, has been referred to in the bible several times, as the God of peace. That, I feel, sums up almost everything. take a click here, and see what peace means literally. I especially like the 5th one, saying "inner contentment". Its true isn't it? that when you experience God's peace most, that's when you feel like the whole world is on your side, that your grass is greener than anyone elses', and that you can sing out loud because of the love and joy that's in your heart!!! Make peace with each other and yourself, because when your spirit is at ease, that's when you're at peace.. (haha! I managed a semi kind of rhyme!) but really, peace comes from knowing God, and knowing who He is. and when you know how you should go about approaching everyday matters of your life (see philippians 4:6-7), you will come to realise, how great our God is. Jesus, the prince of peace, the son of God, our all in all. Learn that putting your hope and trust in God, means learning to bring a peace of mind into your heart. for truly then, the God of peace will be with you always, for as long as you let Him. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13 |