You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Friday, October 21, 2005
23:07
who can?

When the weight of sin sits heavily upon your shoulders, you wonder, how can I ever get out of this? You find yourself wading through the thick sludge of your own demise, and you wonder, how did I get this deep in this sticky mess? Suddenly, your body decides to give up struggling and you find yourself plunging further into the deep hole that you never knew existed, and you wonder, where am I now? Are you feeling stuck all of a sudden? No left is right, no right is right, no straight paths, no reverse gears, your compass has broken, and you find yourself on the brink of yelling in deep frustration because everything you do will never seem right to whoever sees them?

Everyone's like that. There's always a gluey mess that somehow manages to stick right to you with super 'elephant' glue. heard of that brand of superglue? it really sticks. When I was smaller, people always warned me never to play with superglue and not to press my fingers together if I touched it (as all little kids like to press their fingers together when there is glue around, coz it makes a nice sticky mess), or else I'll be stuck and find myself with an 'o' shaped hand. And of course, I was always careful with superglue. I didnt want my fingers suddenly deciding to not come apart. I guess that's what sin's like. Its got superglue at little corners tucked away nicely. And just when you think you've let it go, the little corners you forgot about suddenly finds themselves stuck on to you, and suddenly you're back where you started. And for obvious reasons, you don't find it very funny. you feel annoyed with yourself, and wonder why everything is in one big circle.

you might then ask, who can provide the superglue solvent? I think you can find the answer here: "To him who loves us, and has freed us from our sins by his blood". This is sufficient evidence that we have been cleansed by His blood that He shed, as our living sacrifice. What He has done for us allows us to live the life of freedom from sin, and to bring us back to the Father who loves us. Finally, we are able to break free from it all, and be released from all bondages we have been chained to.

You ask, Who can save me? Look towards the cross, and you will know who can.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery" - Galatians 5:1