You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Friday, November 18, 2005
20:30
obedience

I was walking across a traffic-light junction (a cross junction) just a few days back, and you know how the traffic lights are timed and each side turn takes to cross? I've walked by this junction so many times, I knew when the lights changed and could "safely" cross the roads with the least chance of being a hindrance to the on-coming traffic. Anyone knows what I mean? Anyway, to continue with the story, I crossed the road, but just as I passed the front of the car waiting at the lights (it wasnt his/her turn yet) the driver revved the engine, as though ready to move and knock me over...(now, for the pple who drive, you know its fun scaring the pedastrians like this, but you do look really stupid if the pedastrian knows its not your turn - speaking from a 2 way point of view of course)...

And I was filled with a thought... isnt it just like us to be all in gear to go all out for something which we think is the right way, even when there's a big "NO" sign walking right past us? Or maybe, if we look at it from the other side of the coin... Isnt it just like us to walk right past something when we are not supposed to, out of willfulness and not waiting for the actual right moment? Either way you look at it, its doing something out of disobedience, whether to ourselves, our morals, principles, or to God.

I guess this ties in with the current theme that seems to be circling me this week - obedience, to God's will, His truths, Him. Its not easy to be obedient 24/7, but if you are willing to try, to remember who you are accountable to, sometimes, the rebellious streak you have in you will fade... slowly but surely, not by yourself, but by Him, and your love for Him.

The perfect example to total obedience and submission to God would be when Jesus, before He was betrayed, prayed as such:

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. - Luke 22:42-43

Now now now. Isnt that such an encouragement? I think it is. Knowing exactly where your path should lie, not stepping on the accelerator or crossing the road when you shouldnt be, and waiting for the exact moment when the light turns green, not by you, but by the central control system - God.

I must say, my analogy isnt perfect, but this was what exactly crossed my mind when that happened (other than "stupid driver"), how obedient exactly are we to His calls? Do we love God enough to be obedient to Him always?

"And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love." - 2 John 1:6