
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Saturday, November 05, 2005
22:25
Remember Him I came across this when I was having a morning bible read today and these 2 verses spoke especially strongly to me: "You have forgotten God your Savior; you have not remembered the Rock, your fortress. Therefore, through you set out the finest plants and plant imported vines, though on the day you set them out, you make them grow, and on the morning when you plant them, you bring them to bud, yet the harvest will be as nothing in the day of disease and incurable pain" - Isaiah 17:10-11 I was taken aback. Literally. It was a stark reminder to myself, of how every time I put in the best of my effort in a piece of work, the moment I forget about God in the whole picture, the whole work crumbles. Not from my end, but from the uncontrollable end - the marker's end. And this 2 verses were just glaring at me with accusing fingers pointing straight in my face, and I could only feel ashamed of my own self conceit and complacency. Feeling a little uneasy at how I've exposed myself to myself (quite a difficult task if you ask me), I turned over the psalms, and chapter 37 caught my attention. I read on: "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like a noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes" - Psalm 37:4-7 and there was more to come: "If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall for the LORD upholds him with his hand" - Psalm 37: 23-24 Wow. I was speechless. It was as though I'd popped myself a confession from the bible that embarrasses me to the ends of the earth in front of myself, and there it was, my answer to it all, my reconfirmation of what exactly I need to do, to overcome myself! I may sound pretty twisted to you all of a sudden, confusing you by confusing myself, but I'm sure everyone is like that somehow or other, and I'll willingly let you know how terrible I am, if you'll earnestly learn from what I share. So really, what I wanted to encourage you guys with is that no matter how you fall, God knows it. He very well does. And He is always there to pick you up. You have to remember God is there, and trust in Him. And the best way to get close to God is to pray and to read the bible. So, remember Him and who you are in Him. and be honest with yourself!!! "Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God." - 2 Corinthians 3:5 |