
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
22:06
times when you can talk to the Lord I was just thinking how we often waste our time doing nothing while waiting, and an idea popped into my head. How about talking to God just when we're idling our time away unwittingly? And as I was walking along the road, I started thinking about situations as such that might arise (now its time for my imagination to run amok!): Scenario 1. You are driving along this road and you come to a cross road (is that what its called? u know what I mean anyway). You find that you're the only driver on your side of the road and there are no other cars on the other 3 sides either. you feel pretty stupid waiting for the red light to turn green because there's just simply no one else who's driving there! (haha, situations like this only at really weird times like 3am in the morning maybe). There you are, idling your time away! what can you do in situations where you feel stupid wasting your time like that? - Talk to God! Scenario 2. You're at a bus stop waiting for the bus to arrive to take you home. Its either a freezing cold day, a terribly hot day, or just a simply very wet day (always the extremes of course!). You're really tired and you really want to get home. You see a zillion of the bus you want to take go in the other direction and none comes your way for a good 45 mins to an hour. You have just wasted a good lot of praying time just swearing silently (oops) at the bus that still hasnt arrived. So really, what could you have done instead of getting all frustrated and angry and impatient - all the things you really don't want to be? - Talk to God! haha. these can go on I tell you. I really should spare you guys from my lousy story-telling skills. but I think you can guess what my whole point is. I'm not trying to say these opportunistic times of prayer can replace you quiet time with God which I'm sure each one of you enjoys in the privacy of your rooms. What I'm saying is that God is always there to talk to, each and every second of the day. All you have to do is to speak! He will always hear. "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." - Colossians 4:2 "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayers" - 1 Peter 3:12a |