You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Sunday, November 20, 2005
17:27
warmer than.

Ever heard the song "His love is"? Part of the chorus goes as such:

His love is warmer than
the warmest sunshine
Softer than a sigh
His love is deeper than
the deepest ocean
wider than the sky

I'm sure most of us, whether or not we have heard this song before, can appreciate that the words in this song that have been put in the simplest possible way of expressing what God's love can feel like.

Well, the temperature here in good old London has been pretty much the pits, freezing our fingers and toes off in the month of November isnt just quite what I was expecting. On top of that, I havent had the luxury of a working boiler for the past 4 days - no heaters, no hot water, basically, I've been living like an eskimo in a fridge, or maybe freezer. But yet in all this, irony of all ironies, I feel the warmth of God's love more than ever. It may not warm me up physically, yet my heart feels all alive in Him. Let me tell you why. Just as I was about to lament to God saying "Why are you letting my freeze like this?" I walked into church today. but even before I got into the main building, I met some friends outside, and someone said, "You will find that its a bit cold in there today. the heating is down." And I thought "No way!". Sure as 1+2=3, it was cold in there. But yet instead of feeling cold, all I could do is to laugh to myself in the warmth of His love. The reason is all clear - God didnt forget that I was cold! He showed me he hasnt forgotten at all! In fact, he knows it all so much, he wanted to show me that I wont be alone in feeling what it is like without heating indoors! And I couldnt stop smiling. Not that I'm sadistic and happy that the heating broke down and that people who came to church today would be cold, but it showed me that God knew what I was going through, and that I am not alone. It woke me up, and it warmed me up!

Wow. what a revelation. I felt bad for being grumpy and disappointed that the heating couldnt be fixed instantaneously! God knew it all, all that I was going through. All I needed to do was to realise it, trust in Him further and feel the warmth of His love.

His love really is warmer than it all...

"For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies" - Psalms 57:10