
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Saturday, February 25, 2006
11:52
Don't turn away I was taking a little flip through Isaiah for some morning reads, and came across Isaiah 50 today. "Where is your mother's certificate of divorce with which I sent her away? Or to which of my creditors did I sell you? Because of your transgressions your mother was sent away. When I came, why was there no one? When I called, why was there no one to answer? Was my arm too short to ransom you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you? By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea, I turn rivers into a desert; their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst. I clothe the sky with darkness and make sackclothe its covering." -verses 1 to 3 When I read these first 3 verses, I felt the Lord's pain. His feelings of sadness, of being able to be there for us always, yet not being able to, because of our own stubborn thoughts and feelings that pushes Him away. What strikes me particularly hard was the first verse. It seemed as though it was making a plea to us, saying that, whenever we blame God for something that has gone wrong with our lives, we are quick to shout at Him, but He has never done anything against us, and that we've dug our own hole and sunk in by ourselves. But it goes on next to show that even when we're in a situation we don't want to be in, God is still there to help us out because He is able to, but we have just been too angry and turned our backs on Him. It really hurts my heart that we've hurt the Lord. Come on children of God. Come back to the Lord. Don't turn your backs on Him. Let Him show you how much He cares for you and loves you. How much He can do for you. Just don't turn and walk away, because one day, you will know, that the biggest mistake you can make is to walk away from God. Don't turn away. "But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." Psalm 86:15 |