You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
23:33
Where is my heart?

I just had cells today, after a few weeks of hiccups in which cells did not happen (feels like eternity though), and I must say, it feels good to be back on the roll with my weekly input of God's words plus close fellowship and prayers with some special people.

Anyway, my cell leader was talking to us about worship. The message conveyed was brief (she promised to give the whole chunk soon!) but it struck me in a powerful manner. What I caught on from the moment made me reflect upon myself and my actions at times. It was something like this (to put them in bite sizes - do correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Worship comes from the heart
2. Worship is a connection between you and God
3. There can be false worship, even in church, if your heart is not in focus with the living God
4. Sometimes, people can sound good at 'worship', but their heart's really not even comparable
5. Thinking about dinner when you're in worship probably means you're not paying much attention to what you are doing

Well, I'm sure she said many more things, but I think you probably can see what I'm trying to drive at also. It is known that straying from the heart of worship is not just a modern day thing with all the distraction from musical instruments and the need to 'sound good'. Take a look at Isaiah 29:13. It reads,

The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouths and honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship for me is only made up only of rules taught by men."

Are we starting to become these people whom the Lord speaks about? Where we're living in a made up world of hyped up so-called 'worship'? But really our hearts are not in tune with the Lord? Something my cell leader said that really made a lot of sense (not exactly the same words, though I would like them exactly the same, I cant remember it the way she said it) - That we should use music to worship God, and not just get lost in the music that was made to worship God.

Its not only about worship in the musical sense. In all things that you do, do unto God. Even this blog that I write in. I don't hope to gain from it, but I hope that it is a message to whoever it touches, that it will be a word from the Lord.

I don't know what your situation is at the moment. I don't know where your heart is at the moment. All I know is I want to put myself right with God, and worship my living God, because He has made the biggest sacrifice for me so that I might be able to draw near to him. And for that, I want my heart to be where His heart is.

So, where is your heart?

"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and all your soul." - Deuteronomy 4:29