
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Saturday, July 29, 2006
09:25
tomorrow's worries "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labour or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his spelndor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomrorow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?" or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomororw wil worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:25-34 I especially love these verses from Matthew. I always imagine the lilies in the fields and how they sway in the wind, and then thinking about how beautiful they may look. And then I look at myself and my life and think of it in comparison, and I'm amazed at how differently I look at my circumstances and myself because if the lilies are beautiful, these verses remind me that my life is so much more than beautiful because I trust in the Lord. So whatever your "tomorrow's worries" are, or even today's or yesterday's, I say, pull out your muscles of faith (if you have 45 mins to spare, go here or here) and trust God to settle each and every little thing that you ask of him by looking first to Him. |