You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
23:31
a new perspective

I've just started watching the anime 'Initial D'. For those who know what it is, yes yes, I know I'm really slow, and for those who don't know what it is, it's a japanese animation centred around car racing. Pretty exciting if you ask me. So basically, I've bummed my eyes out for the day watching over 10 episodes of 24 min clips in a row....

Before you wonder what's my point in telling you about my current anime craze, let me start by telling you this. I've always seen cars as a means of transport, people carriers, family-type setting or business-orientated styles. That was all to it, cars to me, are man-made inventions to serve the purpose of facilitating in transportation. As it is, I've never looked at a car in a different way from what I've always thought of it as - a tool.

So I was really surprised when I stepped out of my flat unto the street today (after, as I said, watching a good 10 episodes of car racing anime) and all I could see were 'potential car racing machines'. I was shocked, how all of a sudden, after about 5 hours of 'computer-staring', all I can think about is how each and every car lined up along the road, or waiting in line at traffic junctions were on the verge of racing against each other, or how each car could possibly come in top if the driver was really skilled, regardless of the make of the car. I couldn't, try as I might, reform the image of what cars used to be to me. The longer i stared, the more they seemed like racing material. It was a whole new perspective.

I realised then, how easy it is, to take things we see everyday for granted. Not even thinking about them as great inventions or achievements. Just knowing they are there, for convenience. Just like how I took cars or any other vehicle for granted, that they are just there for you when you need them, and that is their purpose, to serve you. Never remembering how they came about, or how people used to survive without them. They are just there, everywhere, it has become nothing to us...

It's a little like our knowledge of what Christ has done for us on the cross. We know it by heart, we know that He came to save us from sin, that we might believe in Him and have everlasting life. We know it all too well. Is it so over familiar that we overlook the potential of what this actually means? Has this knowledge of God's love become nothing to us in our lives?

I think its time to take a step back, and pull out our bibles to take a proper re-read. We need to gain a new perspective on what God has done, and re-search our hearts for a renewed passion for God. It is not enough just to know it and forget about it. God is worth knowing, and showing.

Are you able to change from the taken-for-granted-family-car to a potential-racing-machine? What is your view on your life and your knowledge of the works of God in your life? Do you need to look at it with a new perspective?

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit in me" - psalm 51:10