
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Sunday, December 31, 2006
21:09
the empowerment of the undo button Ever played puzzle-type games, or thinking games, or any games at all to some extent? Or used some sort of word processor to type up an essay, a letter? Do you like the "undo" button? I do. The "undo" button is so convenient, it saves so much hassle of trying to rethink through your thought processes, It saves you in the game you have messed up so much you are rendered 'stuck'. Ahhh. the all powerful, all miraculous "undo"... can I do without you??? It struck me today, how much the "undo" button means to me the moment I tried to undo a move on a game today, and found out that I have previously disabled the undo function to prevent me from "cheating". It was then that I realised that in the past few days of playing spider solitaire, I have been relying on the "undo" more than thinking about my current moves (yes yes, I play pretty boring games). Undo was part of my strategy for winning. I was surprised by myself when that thought struck and sank in. It made me think about life in general, seeing today is the 31st Decemeber 2006. In life, there is no "undo" button. you can't undo what you have done or not done. As quoted from Macbeth, "What's done cannot be undone". And really, "undo" isn't an option. There is only the forward button. next next or next. Whether or not you amend what you were meant to do or not meant to do, it is still a "next" rather than an "undo". As the new year dawns upon us, I hope you are looking forward to what's next and towards God. Don't look back and search for the "undo" button. Yes, there may be empowerment in the "undo" button, but nothing beats the blood of the lamb. He came, He died, He bled, He cleansed, He rose, and He still loves. "Forget the former things; do not dwell in the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceieve it?" - Isaiah 43:18-19a |