
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Friday, May 11, 2007
10:06
the cat I looked out of the window this morning, and as I contemplated the messy grey clouds giving hints to the lousy weather for the day, I saw 2 cats running out from the gate just opposite mine. The cats took a sharp turn and reached the junction of the road. As they ran on, 2 cars, one after the other, rolled into the junction. Immediately, the cats darted, one under a parked car and the other behind it, and waited till these 2 cars continued on their journey. The cat which took cover behind the parked car then carried on across the road with a few quick running strides, and very swiftly, it hopped up a wall about the height of a van, tiptoed across the top just a brick-width wide, and disappeared into the greens that lay behind the wall. This is nothing out of normal for the cat, but to me, as I watched it moving ever so flowingly, I was hit by some kind of amazement... At how, it knew what the dangers were (those moving cars), when these potential dangers could be helpful (those parked cars), how to move across the land quickly, and jump up an enormous height with those tiny legs of theirs and reach into safety. I was particularly impressed, by how it jumped up that wall with ease, as though it had wings on its feet. I wonder whether we will ever be like this cat. As we go through life. Making sharp turns in decisions, stopping at junctions and taking cover, continuing on or staying behind at this junction, how fast we run across the road, and whether we can make that high jump on that wall, tiptoe across it with ease, and continue on the road to our destination. I surprise myself by learning from a cat I don't even know, that I've barely seen lest for those few seconds, and how it has taught me so much, just be being able to do something I'll never be able to do. I am not really a cat person, but it has encouraged me to carry on running for that prize, because nothing is impossible when God is by my side. God has made that cat, and along with that cat, God has given it abilities to live on this earth. In the same way, God has made us, and we are precious children of His, and surely, He will watch over us through every day of our lives, even from the tiniest aspects of life, to the tallest wall you are facing at the moment. I want to learn from the cat. God made it good. "God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestocks according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. " - Genesis 1:25 |