
|
The Believer
wenz
Other Believers Our Daily Bread Online Bible
Past Miracles
May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 December 2007 February 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 July 2009 March 2010 July 2011 October 2011
Credits Basecodes: detonatedlove♥ Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint. Designer: jingwen--- |
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
11:44
The forgotten bookmark In my bible, between page 980 and 981, marking the end of Matthew 6 and the start of Matthew 7, sits a bookmark that says "Peace be with you". I've had this bookmark since I was 14. I've never really used it, never really touched it except to move it out of the way when I'm reading those 2 pages, never really took it out to even have a look. I remember where this bookmark is from. I was in Secondary School then, secondary 2, if I didn't remember wrongly. We had this form teacher, and nobody really liked her for various reasons. Loud, annoying, always shouting, never seemed genuine - that was through the eyes of 14 year old girls anyway, in an all girls school. Yet, I believe now that she kept us all in her prayers every day, and always tried to make sure that we would grow up to be good girls of God, to be good ladies of society. It was the end of year and she gave us each a bookmark. Every one was different. Everyone had something written on the back. Each had our own names written on it. This is the origin of my forgotten bookmark. Last night, through my bible read, I came across this bookmark again. Not taking another look at it, I moved it aside to read last few words of Matthew 6. The bookmark fell, and something caught my eye, and I picked it up. I turned it around, and I looked at the faint blue ball-point pen writings addressed to me. "Cast your exam anxiety upon Him. Trust that He will see you thro' each paper successfully as you seek Him diligently. Relax, God is in charge!", and it was signed off with "upholding you in prayer". I couldn't help but feel tears welling up at the corners of my eyes. Who would have thought that so many years after this has been gifted to me, so many years I've left it sitting in the same spot forgotten, so many years after I have left that school, that this particular teacher whom I have no fond memories of, and would in fact cringe if she called me out in the street, has reached out to me in such a miraculous way, at such an important time. It makes me realise, that how even the smallest thing you do for someone else, can make a big impact on them, be it the same day, or 50 years down the road. Thanks Mrs KBY. "Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers - not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away." - 1 Peter 5:2-4 |