You are welcome in this place...

The Believer

wenz

Other Believers

Our Daily Bread
Online Bible

Past Miracles

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

April 2007

May 2007

July 2007

December 2007

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

October 2008

July 2009

March 2010

July 2011

October 2011

Credits


Basecodes: detonatedlove♥
Image source: GettyImages, editted with MS Paint.
Designer: jingwen---
Friday, May 23, 2008
21:21
When fear takes over

It's done!
Oooh... Let's wrap it up nicely and put it into the corner of prayer.
Oh wait, let me tuck it in such a way I can still take a peek at it whenever I want.
Hmm... That's not enough. Let me attach a little string to it so I know its there.
Urgh... The hole is not big enough. Let me go back to it and make a larger peek hole.
Grrr... This string is so puny, I am about to lose it. Let me change it for a rope.
Argh... I can't leave it alone. Let's take it out of the corner of prayer and put it on my shoulders.

Sounds familiar? You've closed a chapter to something. You've given it to the Lord and asked for rest. You've told yourself that you are going to leave it completely in His hands. Yet, there you are meddling with your own business, fearing that its not good enough where it is. And soon, you are carrying it all on your shoulders, feeling the burden of it all over again.

Did Christ not say:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" - Matthew 11:28-30

When you've given it, you've given it. Stop taking it back. Don't let fear take over! Trust God to deal with it as He will.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." - Psalm 28:7